Established over 65 years ago, J Hempstock & Co Ltd is a multi-disciplined Building Services Company primarily working in the Heritage sector. We directly employ 15 clerical, supervisory and operational staff and have outside support for all Employment and Health & Safety requirements.
Overall control of J. Hempstock & Co Ltd Michael Hempstock who is the third generation of the family to run the business. Alongside Michael is the mechanical and plumbing manager David Anderson. Who controls mechanical installations and reactive maintenance service for various housing associations.
The workforce employed is fully trained for any required operations with health and safety requirements such SSMTS, heritage CSCS cards for working on historic buildings for both leadwort and hard metals. (lead operatives) and all day to day requirements such as asbestos awareness, IPAF, PASM and the like. Most operatives are trained to IRATA level 1 for rope access work.
We carry out specialist operations including:
- Sheet and ornamental lead work
- Copper, stainless steel and sheet zinc, traditional roofing and cladding
- Rope Access maintenance and inspection (IRATA trained operatives)
- Local authority contract term maintenance and call out service for both roofing and plumbing work
- Full roofing packages to restoration of historic projects both commercial and domestic as principal contractor utilising several in house trades and specialist subcontractors.
- Maintenance and plumbing services
- Rainwater and soil installations using traditional materials such as cast iron and aluminium
We are nationwide installers for manufacturers such as:
- Guttermaster – rainwater, fascia & capping systems
- Alumasc – sustainable building products to manage energy and water use
- Rheinzink – Durable zinc roof coverings that not only protect buildings from the most severe weather conditions, but are also aesthetically pleasing and infinitely recyclable.
For an informal or formal chat about how we are able to help with your specific project, call us on 0161 223 2123 or complete the contact form on our website.