Working closely with Heritage organisations, architects and local authorities we are able to establish the level of protection required and then quickly complete the installation.
Anti-theft services carried out by our specialist roofing personnel include:
- Installing motion detectors integrated with an existing alarm or a new one in appropriate critical areas
- Ensuring that all access points on the roof are integrated with the alarm
- Placing the alarm company’s signs in relevant places such as doors and windows, as well as exterior areas from the building to act as a deterrent for intruders
- Placing loud sounding alarms on rooftop hatches which will often deter an intruder from going any further with a planned robbery
- Installing metal grills to air duct vents, skylights and rooftop hatches or security bars as required.
There are also many sensible precautions the owner of a building can take to deter potential burglars including:
- Not leaving rooftop access ladders or any other objects that could be used to access the roof outside the building
- Monitoring the perimeter fencing regularly to ensure no holes have been made in it.
- Training your personnel in the basics of security such as making a note of calls to your company that seem suspicious or keeping an eye out for unusual vehicles in the car park or parked for long period outside of the perimeter.
- Investing in CCTV and placing cameras at critical entry points.
- Developing friendly relationships with the local police, perhaps contributing to the next policeman’s ball, occasionally supplying them with a take-away or sponsoring any events they are participating in. In this way they are likely to respond quickly to a call out should there unfortunately be a break in.
- And lastly become informed about crime in the surrounding area by communicating with local businesses and the police force, perhaps joining a neighbourhood watch scheme if there is one.
For more information about anti-theft leading and other security measures to protect you roof please contact us for an informal discussion.